Taking Back My Fire

  Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you. ~Luke 10:19 NLT

   A couple weeks ago I took it upon myself to begin this blog, to document my journey to better health and regaining the life I had taken for granted; a life I sacrificed in exchange for immediate satisfaction. Each week I sit here at the family computer, and I put on my uplifting music, and I lift up this new entry to God, to use for His divine purpose.
   Now, I'm finally beginning to see some of those results I've been looking for. The exciting part is hearing many others comment on how I look like I've lost weight; it's like fuel to the fire for me. I could not be happier with how this is going so far, and the minor improvements in my mobility and stamina are all testaments to my daily efforts to control how much food I intake.
   However, this is only half the battle for me. During my low points, those times when I felt hopeless and past the point of no return, my spiritual fire was decimated. I completely lost my faith in God, and I felt as if He wasn't even listening. Those voices had me convinced that I had thrown my life away, and God wasn't going to answer my tear-filled cries for help. So taking back my fire is just as critical to my overall well-being as my physical health is.
   The voices are still there, but I have a choice as to how much power they have over my mind and the choices I make. So I'm making it my goal to arm myself with the knowledge that comes from the Bible, and to reignite my dormant inner being, because I refuse to let my weight or my food addiction dictate my identity any more. I can't take this for granted, or make excuses like I have so many times before.
   And so, for my health, for my wife, for my family, and most of all for my God, I'm taking the fight to the enemy, and taking back my fire, once and for all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One

Redeeming my story

Awakening